Wednesday 17 February 2016

Brave Heart!

'It's Not Where I Grew Up...It's Who I Am,Girl Who Grew Up In A Red Light Area Writes A Post We All Should Learn From!


                                     

She writes about her life, her sadness, her joy, her dreams, her struggles and her accomplishments. She tells us why we need to judge less and be more open and India is listening.
Meet this young 20-year-old woman, whose name is not revealed in the post, who rose up and caught her dreams from the Kamathipura suburbs of Mumbai - known better as Maximum City's infamous red-light area.
The girl talks about her journey from the streets of Kamathipura to school and college with the help of NGO Kranti and finally to study in the US.Her story is being read by many of us and being shared because of not just its content but its intention. Her words give us a mirror view of our own notions and make us introspect.If you feel like you are too busy to go through her entire post, here is the part which will make you think otherwise.


"Yes, open your mind about my home. Accept that people have choices and know that so many women there are in it by choice...because it's their source of livelihood. As Indians, we need to judge less and accept things that are not always in our comfort zone, because my background is not my weakness...I'm me, and no location can define who I am.":

No comments:

Post a Comment